Dear Friends of KID Museum,
Like everyone else, we at KID Museum are concerned about news of confirmed cases of Coronavirus in our area. We take seriously the health and well-being of our community, and we are taking proactive steps to keep our facility, visitors, and staff healthy and safe.
Effective this Sunday, March 8, KID Museum will close indefinitely on weekends and discontinue our open explore programming, which is open to the public and often draws hundreds of visitors into our makerspace. We are doing this out of an abundance of caution and will reopen on weekends as soon as possible. Thanks for your understanding.
For the time being, we will remain open for weekday school visits and after-school programming for families, as these sessions are much smaller and more controlled environments. In the coming days, KID Museum will continuously monitor the CDC, DHHS, Montgomery County, and MCPS updates. We will follow the decision of Montgomery County Public Schools and will close indefinitely if schools close.
Here are steps that we are taking right now to keep KID Museum germ-free. We ask that all parents and educators read closely as you prepare for your next visit to the museum.
- We are keeping the space squeaky clean: Both our professional cleaners and our operations team are working hard to keep our space disinfected.
- We have stocked up on Purell: And tissues and touch-less wastebaskets to make it easy for all visitors to keep their hands clean and keep any germs to themselves.
- We are changing up our welcome protocol: Educators will greet all school visits at the door to ensure students use hand sanitizer and check-in before heading into the makerspace.
- We stay home if we feel even a little sick: Our staff is encouraged to stay home if they have any signs or symptoms of fever or feeling ill.
- We keep our hands to ourselves: No handshakes, high-fives, fist bumps, and shaking hands.
We are grateful for our community and we appreciate your cooperation as we do everything possible to stay healthy.
Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.