Throughout March, KID Museum celebrates leading Women #HistoryMakers who have innovated, invented, and positively impacted our world.
- Visit us on Sundays in March and take part in workshops inspired by women inventors, artists, and changemakers.
- We have three exciting “Meet a Maker” events in March:
- March 19th from 10:30am – 12:30pm: Meet innovator LaKisha Greenwade, founder of Wearable Tech Ventures, a company that supports underrepresented entrepreneurs in creating new wearable tech solutions.
- March 19th from 12:00pm – 2:00pm: Meet STEM Educator & Electrical Engineer, Aisha Lawrey, who works on increasing the number of women and minorities in engineering.
- March 26th from 1:00pm – 3:00pm: Meet inventor Sarah Boisvert, a pioneer in advanced manufacturing who was part of a team that invented and manufactured the laser for LASIK eye surgery.
- Keep exploring at home or at school with our Maker Playground Online and our free, DIY maker projects inspired by Women #HistoryMakers.