KID Museum aims to provide your children with quality programming, low student-to-educator ratios, and a safe environment.
KID Museum does not guarantee that activities canceled due to circumstances beyond our control (i.e. weather, power outages) will be made up; no refunds will be issued. We do not offer makeup sessions due to a child’s inability to attend.
Snow Days: KID Museum follows Montgomery County’s snow and inclement weather policies. We will be closed for weather when the County is closed.
- A 5% processing fee will be charged for all cancellations.
- No refunds will be provided for any missed classes.
- Fees cannot be pro-rated for any missed sessions in multi-week programs.
KID Museum has age restrictions in place for all of our programs. We choose to use a child’s grade level, rather than their age, for several reasons. We ask that all parents adhere to these restrictions when signing up for KID Museum activities. Programs are designed with safety, curriculum, and social emotional skills appropriate for children of a certain grade level. Children who do not meet the grade requirements will be restricted from participating in the program, and will not receive a refund for their registration.
- Safety: Your child’s safety is of the utmost importance to our staff. Children of different ages have vastly different levels of motor skill mastery and ability to retain instructions, and therefore require different levels of facilitation and supervision for the same tasks. By separating children by age group, KID staff can make the appropriate choices around tools and materials and staff to student ratios to keep every child safe.
- Standards: Most schools attended by KID makers follow national or state standards in their curricula. Because of this, KID educators can generally assume a set of common experiences for children in a certain grade, even if they attend different schools, and design programs based on these experiences.
- Social Emotional Skills: Children’s social emotional skills develop and vary with grade level. With this in mind, we do not make exception to our age/grade policies. Even if a child is advanced beyond their grade level intellectually or physically, they may still be developing emotional skills that older children have mastered. For this reason, teaching a younger child a skill may look very different than teaching an older child the same skill.
KID Museum prohibits illegal discrimination based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, immigration status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family/parental status, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, poverty and socioeconomic status, language, or other legally or constitutionally protected attributes or affiliations. Discrimination undermines our community’s long-standing efforts to create, foster, and promote equity, inclusion, and acceptance for all. Some examples of discrimination include acts of hate, violence, insensitivity, harassment, bullying, disrespect, or retaliation. This Policy affirms the Board’s belief that each and every student matters, and in particular, that educational outcomes should never be predictable by any individual’s actual or perceived personal characteristics. The Policy also recognizes that equity requires proactive steps to identify and redress implicit biases, practices that have an unjustified disparate impact, and structural and institutional barriers that impede equality of educational or employment opportunities.
- Full refunds are given up to 48 hours prior to workshop.
- If a participant is more than 10 minutes late for a workshop, the participant will not be admitted and will not be given a refund.
- Workshops may be canceled due to low enrollment.
- All classes are subject to minimum and maximum enrollment. If a class must be cancelled by KID Museum due to low enrollment, we will notify participants 14 days prior to the start of class and will refund the full payment (and will not charge a processing fee).
- Class enrollment will close one week prior to the start of class. After that time, please call KID Museum for availability.
- Full refund (minus processing fee) up to 2 weeks prior to start of class.
- 50% refund (minus processing fee) up to 1 week prior to start of class.
- No refund if canceled less than 1 week prior to start of class.
Daily Camps & Weekday Workshops
- Full refunds (minus 5% processing fee) are given for cancellations up to 48 hours prior.
- Registration will be closed 48 hours prior to the start of class. After that time, please call KID Museum for availability.
- Full refund (minus $20 processing fee) if canceled by May 1.
- 50% refund (minus $20 processing fee) if canceled by June 1.
- No refund if canceled after June 1.
- There will be $20 charge per change to camp registration.
- Changes to registration can be made up to one week before the start of camp.