High Schoolers: Become an apprentice to our Maker Educators!
KID Museum Apprentices
- Get trained in STEM programs & inquiry-based learning
- Facilitate activities for kids of all ages
- Gain valuable work experience
- Earn SSL hours for your work
Spring 2020 Timeline
We will not be taking applications for the Apprentice Program until we begin recruitment for Spring 2020. Be on the lookout for the application to go live in early October with a due date in late November.
Please email questions to email@example.com.
- KID Museum Apprentices work closely with museum educators to facilitate hands-on programming for children ages 4 – 14
- Apprentices are trained to teach STEM and art-related activities, and learn how to interact with museum visitors
- Optional professional development sessions in a selected discipline (such as woodworking or 3D printing) are offered throughout the year
- Mandatory training sessions before your first shift
- Fall & Spring: Minimum of 12 hours per month (broken down into 3 shifts)
- Summer: Minimum of 20 hours per month
- Minimum of one semester (Spring, Summer, or Fall)
- During the school year, apprentices work on weekends during regular museum hours
- In summer, apprentices have the option of being a camp assistant at our weekly camps
- Fall: Rising 10-12th graders encouraged to apply.
- Spring: All current high school students encouraged to apply.
- Summer: All current and rising high school students encouraged to apply.
- Interest in STEM, art, and creativity
- Interest in working with kids