High Schoolers: Become an apprentice to our Maker Educators!
KID Museum Apprentices
Get trained in STEM programs & inquiry-based learning
Facilitate activities for kids of all ages
Gain valuable work experience
Earn SSL hours for your work
- KID Museum Apprentices work closely with museum educators to facilitate hands-on programming for children ages 4 – 14
- Apprentices are trained to teach STEM and art-related activities, and learn how to interact with museum visitors
- Optional professional development sessions in a selected discipline (such as woodworking or 3D printing) are offered throughout the year
- Mandatory training sessions before your first shift
- Fall & Spring: Minimum of 12 hours per month (broken down into 3 shifts)
- Summer: Minimum of 20 hours per month
- Minimum of one semester (Spring, Summer, or Fall)
- During the school year, apprentices work on weekends during regular museum hours
- In summer, apprentices have the option of being a camp assistant at our weekly camps
- Fall: Rising 10-12th graders encouraged to apply.
- Spring: All current high school students encouraged to apply.
- Summer: All current and rising high school students encouraged to apply.
- Interest in STEM, art, and creativity
- Interest in working with kids