Congratulations to our 2018 Making Spaces schools:
– Gaithersburg Elementary School, Gaithersburg MD
– Kingsview Middle School, Germantown MD
– Wayside Elementary School, Potomac MD
– Mary of Nazareth Catholic School, Darnestown MD
– Bishop Walsh School, Cumberland MD
Making Spaces: Expanding Maker Education Across the Nation, an initiative by Google, Maker Ed, and the Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh (CMP), is now in its second year. It was created to help schools from around the country sustainably integrate making into the school day.
KID Museum is a regional Hub for this initiative. As a Hub, we work with local schools to craft a vision for maker education at their schools, and then support them as they launch community crowdfunding campaigns to fund maker-based activities and centers for their classrooms. This year, we will continue our work with Year 1 schools, while also expanding this opportunity to new schools.
The Hub program includes:
– Two group workshops (visioning and campaign creation) for educators and PTA representatives
– Individual school mentoring for campaigns
– Starter materials for maker activities at conclusion of campaigns
– Access to KID Museum maker learning resources
– Participation in network of maker educators
Here are the campaigns from Year 1 schools: