KID Museum’s camps have gone virtual – creative, hands-on maker learning, live with our Maker Educators.
Welcome to Make it! Summer Camp
Join us for an amazing summer of fun-filled, hands-on learning and discovery! Live, interactive, virtual maker camps streamed right to your home for rising 2nd-7th graders.
Campers will gain new skills, engage with kids online, and build confidence as they complete original, hands-on projects.
Why choose Make it! Summer Camp?
- Led by KID Museum’s professional maker-educators — simply the best around!
- Structured sessions, targeted by age offered morning and afternoon, to suit your needs
- The right blend of live instruction, peer interaction, and at-home making to keep kids engaged
- Fun, inspiring camps for all interests including electronics, coding, 3D design, wizard magic, space exploration, and more!
Times: Choose 9am – 12pm OR 1pm – 4pm
Pricing: Members: $200 | Nonmembers: $225
Materials: Need to be ordered separately, see FAQs for complete details
To transfer your current Summer Camp registration to Make it! Summer Camp, request a refund, or make a donation, please complete this form.
Please note to receive a refund for your current Summer Camp registration, you must cancel by June 1 for camps scheduled June 22-July 17 and by July 1 for camps scheduled July 20-August 28.
Plans for the second half of summer will be announced by mid-June.
Week 1 | June 15 - 19
Week 2 | June 22 - 26
Week 3 | June 29 - July 2
5th – 7th Grade | Space Engineers
Discover what it takes to become a real NASA scientist. Take on challenges faced by NASA engineers: creating a safe landing for a planetary explorer, coding a rover to collect data on Mars, and designing vehicles that can handle rough space terrain.
Week 4 | July 6 - 10
2nd – 4th Grade | Space Explorers
3… 2… 1… lift off! We’re bringing KID Museum’s NASA STEM Innovation Lab Outpost virtually to you. Build your own rocket, design a mission control center, code a space-themed game, and much more, while exploring the basics of the real technology used by the scientists and engineers at NASA.
Week 5 | July 13 - 17
What is the schedule?
Camps run daily, Monday-Friday. Choose either a morning (9am – 12pm) or afternoon (1pm – 4pm) timeslot.
What will the experience be like?
Camps feature a mix of online instruction, independent “making,” and online group interaction to keep kids engaged with minimal adult involvement.
What is the cost?
$200 members/$225 nonmembers; if you are transferring your previous camp registration, the difference will be automatically refunded.
Will materials be provided?
Families need to order their own supplies and should budget for up to $25 per camp. We’ll provide an Amazon Shopping list two weeks before each session starts. Please leave enough time to receive your order before the start of camp.
1. Please review our virtual code of conduct prior to the start of camp.
2. KID Museum reserves the right to cancel a Make it! Summer Camp in the event of low enrollment. If a camp is canceled, full refunds will be issued.
3. Registration for each session closes one week prior to the start of camp.
4. If you would like to request a refund for Make it! Summer Camp:
- 100% refund if requested at least one week before the start of camp
- 50% refund if requested by the Friday before the start of camp
- No refund if canceled the weekend before the start of camp