KID Museum is looking for an intern to
- Design, facilitate, and teach programs that address the needs of adult, school, youth, and family audiences
- Assist in facilitation of after school programs, scheduled school field trips to the museum, camps, and weekend workshops
- Work alongside staff and independently as a youth educator and mentor
- Experience with educational programming and/or hands-on programming for elementary and middle school aged youth that integrates science, technology, engineering, and art
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of audiences including children, teachers, parents/caregivers and community members
- Experience working with diverse groups and communities
- Flexibility, sense of humor, highly collaborative, and resourceful
- Interest in nonprofit management, museum education, and community development
- A willingness to connect with KID Museum’s programs, services, and mission
- Must be available at least two days a week; KID Museum typically has programs running between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm every day of the week during the school year, both on and offsite
- Access to reliable transportation
Time Commitment: 10 ‐ 15 hours/week
Hours may be scheduled any time 9:00 am ‐ 6:00 pm weekdays, and/or some weekend hours
Students are expected to obtain and complete any necessary forms to receive credit for their internship and are responsible for meeting any registration requirements from their college or university.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter outlining your experience and suitability for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.