General Policies for all KID Museum Activities
KID Museum aims to provide your children with quality programming, low student-to-educator ratios, and a safe environment.
KID Museum does not guarantee that activities canceled due to circumstances beyond our control (i.e. weather, power outages) will be made up; no refunds will be issued. We do not offer makeup sessions due to a child’s inability to attend.
In cases of inclement weather, KID Museum will be closed if County or Federal Government offices are closed. On days in question, please call 301-897-5437 and/or check our website at www.kidmuseum.org for up-to-date information on closings and delays.
- A 5% processing fee will be charged for all cancellations.
- No refunds will be provided for any missed classes.
- Fees cannot be pro-rated for any missed sessions in multi-week programs.
KID Museum has age restrictions in place for all of our camps and workshops. We choose to use a child’s grade level, rather than their age, for several reasons. We ask that all parents adhere to these restrictions when signing up for KID Museum activities.
- SAFETY: Your child’s safety is of the utmost importance to our staff. Children of different ages have vastly different levels of motor skill mastery and ability to retain instructions, and therefore require different levels of facilitation and supervision for the same tasks. By separating children by age group, KID staff can make the appropriate choices around tool and materials and staff to student ratio to keep every child safe.
- STANDARDS: Most schools attended by KID makers follow national or state standards in their curricula. Because of this, KID educators can generally assume a set of common experiences for children in a certain grade, even if they attend different schools, and design programs based on these experiences.
- SOCIAL EMOTIONAL SKILLS: Even if a child is advanced beyond their grade level intellectually or physically, they may still be developing emotional skills that older children have mastered. For this reason, teaching a younger child a skill may look very different than teaching an older child the same skill. With this in mind, we do not make exception to our age/grade policies.
- Full refunds (minus 5% processing fee) are given up to 24 hours prior to workshop.
- If a participant is more than 10 minutes late for a workshop, the participant will not be admitted and will not be given a refund.
- Workshops may be canceled due to low enrollment.
- All classes are subject to minimum and maximum enrollment. If a class must be cancelled by KID Museum due to low enrollment, we will notify participants 14 days prior to the start of class and will refund the full payment (and will not charge a processing fee).
- Class enrollment will close one week prior to the start of class. After that time, please call KID Museum for availability.
- Full refund (minus processing fee) up to 2 weeks prior to start of class.
- 50% refund (minus processing fee) up to 1 week prior to start of class.
- No refund if canceled less than 1 week prior to start of class.
Daily Camps & Weekday Workshops
- Full refunds (minus 5% processing fee) are given for cancellations up to 48 hours prior.
- Registration will be closed 48 hours prior to the start of class. After that time, please call KID Museum for availability.
- Full refund (minus 5 % processing fee) if canceled by May 1.
- 50% refund (minus 5% processing fee) if canceled by June 1.
- No refund if canceled after June 1.
- There will be $25 charge per change to camp registration.
- Changes to registration can be made up to one week before the start of camp.
KID Museum follows Montgomery County’s snow and inclement weather policies. We will be closed for weather when the County is closed.