PT and FT Positions Available
KID Museum is seeking a Maker Educator to develop and facilitate programs that engage children ages 6-14 in playful and inspiring “maker” experiences.
The Maker Educator is responsible for planning and implementing a variety of educational programs using these tools and materials to engage kids’ creativity and spirit of exploration and invention. Programs include self-guided drop-in experiences as well as more structured and in-depth workshops and organized group visits.
The Maker Educator is responsible for developing programming with an internal team and in collaboration with consulting artists and makers. His/her work involves designing imaginative learning experiences, articulating program objectives, developing “learning guides” to train student volunteers and other collaborators in how to facilitate the programs, and leading and/or supporting program facilitation.
The Maker Educator is a core member of the KID Museum team and is responsible for fostering an inquiry-based, self-directed learning environment and encouraging a sense of playfulness and discovery throughout KID Museum programs. The Maker Educator helps to set the tone for visitor interactions and is expected to contribute to a positive collaborative culture that is conducive to active learning and exploration.
- Demonstrated experience designing and leading “maker” education programming and/or hands-on programming for elementary and middle- school aged youth that integrates science, technology, engineering, art
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of audiences including children, teachers, parents/caregivers and community members
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work independently and as a team- member
- Experience working with diverse groups and communities
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Flexibility, sense of humor, highly collaborative, and resourceful
- Masters in Education strongly preferred
- Part-time and full-time positions available
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com